Shoney’s of Knoxville is committed to the children in our community and participates in programs that encourage kids to be safe, active, healthy and to learn. Shoney’s is dedicated to making East Tennessee a better place to live and grow for children and for their families. Click on the links below to learn more about Shoney’s current community programs.
- Shoney’s wants kids to be safe. Programs such as KidCare Photo ID, Safety City, and Shoney Bear Donations teach kids about safety and allow them to have fun in safe environments.
- Shoney’s wants kids to be active. The Tennessee Smokies, Knoxville Ice Bears and the Shrine Circus provide entertainment and assistance to children in our community.
- Shoney’s wants kids to be healthy. Shoney’s partners with local organizations, such as the Fantasy of Trees, ETCH Diabetes Summer Camp, and area schools to keep kids healthy and happy.
- Shoney’s wants kids to learn. The Adopt-A-School/Partners in Education Programs, and the Tennessee Smokies Summer Reading Program make learning fun and exciting for children of all ages.
Our Commitment to Help Local Schools
- Shoney’s proves its commitment to area schools and our community’s children by partnering with dozens of schools in East Tennessee through various Adopt-A-School programs. Shoney’s works with area schools to help provide needed supplies and materials to students and teachers.
- Shoney’s also rewards local students for good work through a partnership with WOKI – FM radios station. Shoney’s Super Kid.
- As a thank you to area teachers, Shoney’s also rewards teachers for being wonderful mentors to students throughout the year. In partnership with WIVK- FM radio station, Commercial Bank, Spa 9700, and Titanic Museum. WIVK’s Teacher of the Month.